Monday, 2 July 2012

Sunday Stills Challenge - Winter

Apparently there's a heatwave going on across the pond so Ed suggested an archive challenge saying 'Its too darn hot to go out looking for pics this week so stay in and enjoy the A/C and lets see some pics of winters past and feel the chill.' Well despite the fact that here we are having another summer of cold wet rain and a distinct absence of sunshine I've gone along with it.

The year the water supply to the village froze - at least the garden looked pretty!

Icy leaves

And of course Tess having fun in the snow...

And finally the December sun setting as the tide comes in over the frozen beach.

I have to admit much as I long for warm, dry, sunny days the winter time can be beautiful.

To see more Sunday Stills visit http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/ and click on the comments.






12 comments:

  1. True!......Although, that was a cold winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. What's a warm sunny day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos Denise.

    Here's hoping you have the opportunity to take some summer photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I don't mind the cold it's this incessant rain and greyness that I really don't like. And it's not good for photos. Remember when we had properly demarked (or demarcated?) seasons? Aah. Nostalgia. Thanks all for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the icy leaves, there's something kinda haunting about that image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very lovely! I am no fan of winter, but it is undeniably beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!! I like the leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty. Tess is totally enjoyig herself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't miss winter. Not one part of it...now my husband loves winter. Ugh!

    Great photos!! VERY COLD!

    It looks like you even had wind with your ice!


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of them. The beach looks so peacfull and the dog looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots, its one of my dreams to be there on a forzen beach sunset, how amazing that could be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate the cold but I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete