Monday, 10 October 2011

The Delight in Learning New Things.

My photography course with the Open University has started and I'm really enjoying it. One of the things I'm learning is how to use Photoshop to edit photos.
The Eyes Have It



I love the effects that can be achieved and it's great to learn new skills. My other OU course is Advanced Creative Writing. Both of these courses are much like blogging, in that words and pictures are shared with like-minded people. Knowledge is also shared and support and encouragement are offered which promotes a great learning environment.

My little ex-battie hens are also learning new things. Like being able to flap their wings. Scratch the ground. Run about, just because, free from those cages, they can. Dust baths and sun bathing are a firm favourite and after the initial shock of thinking they'd keeled over and died, I love to watch them stretched out in the sun, wings and legs akimbo and eyes closed in delight (I'm referring to the chickens here). I'd post some photos but they've come to think of me as Mrs Mealworm provider, stop whatever they're doing and mob me as soon as I go into the garden. Actually they spot me at the window and start cackling excitedly and gathering at the gate before I even go out! They're such characters.

Life is so enriched by learning new things. That, and having chickens.

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo Mari - I think you have real talent.
    I love the excitement of learning new things too - long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, I hope so. It's something I've wanted to pursue for years and now I have the time to focus on it ('scuse the pun!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spirit, you're an inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Thanks Chelle. I hadn't realised that you'd commented. Although I think the old saying is a bit more applicable; 'If you can't be a good example then you should be a horrible warning!'

    ReplyDelete