Sunday, 21 August 2011

Sunday Stills Challenge. Something beginning with B.

I recently discovered Sunday Stills at http://sundaystills.wordpress.com. The blogger is called Ed and each week he posts a photography challenge that involves following his prompt and posting some photos on your own blog so I'm going to start doing this.The aim is to play with photography techniques and learn as you go along. This week's challenge is 'Something beginning with B'.

Here are mine.


Birdhouse.



Beads.


Berries.


Blooms.


Black and white blooms.



Branches.



Beach.

I've actually taken loads and they vary from hopeless to ok but to be honest they're luck rather than skill at the moment. All I'm doing is taking the same picture on all different settings to find out what they all do! But that's one of the joys of digital photography, not being restricted by limited film. I'm starting the OU photography course in October (along with Advanced Creative Writing) so I'm hoping that as I learn and hopefully improve I'll be able to compare and contrast my Sunday Stills.









9 comments:

  1. Um, these are pretty nice. The dog pic at the end is fabulous. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fabulous. Beautiful shots. Skills you do have and an eye too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and creative. Beautiful shots. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks both for your encouraging comments. I think I maybe do have 'an eye' - it's F stops, appertures, depth of field and all the terminology that scares me! And all those different combinations of buttons. Aargh! But I see from your photos that I'm in the company of great talent so I'm hoping to learn. I know I'm enjoying it and that's the main thing. Thanks again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you have to do is this, remember the larger the number of the F stop, ie F16 or whatever, the greater the amount of the pic is in focus, but beware, that also means that the shutter speed will slow down.
    Correspondingly, the smaller the F stop, ie F2.8 or so, the faster the shutter speed, ? Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely... especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Vee!

    Cheyenne - er OK.Thanks. Ahem. (Does anyone know what language he's speaking in?)Now I need to read up on when and why you need different shutter speeds.Ooh - This may have something do do with my rubbish moon shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!! And welcome to Sunday Stills Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks dibear - looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete